We are building a world-class team of professionals to honor and extend the legacy of William Davidson through the practice of thoughtful, intentional, inclusive philanthropy.
Front Desk Associate
The William Davidson Foundation, a private family foundation, dedicated to advancing the economic, cultural, and civic vitality of Southeast Michigan, the State of Israel, and the Jewish community is now seeking nominations and applications for the position of Front Desk Associate.
The Foundation is committed to honoring and carrying forward the philanthropic legacy of its founder, William Davidson. The priorities that shaped his life now inspire the work of the William Davidson Foundation. With assets of over $1.3 billion, the William Davidson Foundation works with partners to stimulate innovation, develop leadership, sustain valuable programming, and tackle critical problems in four focus areas: Jewish Life, Economic Vitality, Cultural and Civic Vitality, and Education.
The Front Desk Associate is the first impression at the William Davidson Foundation’s office and is expected to offer friendly service to all those that enter the building. This position’s primary duty is to greet, welcome, and direct all guests who visit the Foundation, answer the Foundation’s main office telephone line, and handle any office administration. It serves as the Foundation’s internal concierge; responsible for running office management errands upon request. The Front Desk Associate assists the Office Manager with the day-to-day operations, facilities management, office services, and is an active contributor to the Foundation’s administrative team.
The Front Desk Associate is also responsible for the data entry and support of the Foundation’s customer relationship management (CRM) platform and photo archive platform. Additional clerical work or special project support may be needed and will be assigned by the Office Manager.
This a full-time position located in Troy, Michigan.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Office & Administrative Support
- Welcomes guests, offers refreshments, and alerts appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Professionally handles all phone calls and routes callers or answers questions in a timely and courteous manner.
- Retrieves and sorts incoming mail (daily) and coordinates the flow of Foundation literature and materials, including review and proper distribution or filing of materials.
- Monitors Foundation office and kitchen supplies and restocks in the appropriate areas.
- Maintains a clean and tidy atmosphere in all common areas of the Foundation offices (front lobby, meeting rooms, and copy room). This includes conducting an end of day office walkthrough.
- Assists the administrative staff with food service and meeting set-up, and clean-up for internal/external meetings.
- Provides Office Management support which includes running errands, traveling to offsite locations for meeting support, and general interest in being mobile.
- Supports Office Manager in the planning of staff events, outings, and special celebrations for the Foundation.
- Provides daily support to the Office Manager for a variety tasks related to office and facilities management
Business Systems Support
- Maintains accurate accounts and contacts lists in Salesforce, ensures the data is clean and formatted to Foundation requirements by performing regular system audits, and maintains a strong understanding of key features and functionality.
- Maintains Adobe Lightroom platform – the Foundation’s photo archive software.
- May assist with data entry for other key business systems, as assigned.
- Actively participates in administrative team weekly meetings to review the Foundation’s event calendar, internal meeting schedules, and identify where additional administrative support coverage is needed.
- Provides support whenever and wherever needed sharing scheduled coverage of holidays with the administrative team.
- Supports the Office Manager in updating, developing, and implementing best practices to strengthen an efficient and uniformly excellent office experience for colleagues and guests across the Foundation.
- Contributes to all administrative team objectives and projects, as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with at least two to four years of experience in customer service and/or administrative support.
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tools preferred.
- Experience effectively and efficiently operating a multi-line phone system and virtual meeting set-up (i.e., Zoom).
- Proficient on all Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Superior customer service skills, professionalism, and overall positive attitude.
- Thrives in a team environment, effective at building and maintaining collaborative relationships, and positively contributes to the organizational culture.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and consistent accuracy when completing tasks.
- Ability to be adaptable, resourceful, and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- This role is in a professional office environment requiring sedentary project work, along with frequent movement throughout the office re-stocking office products, delivering mail, office tidying, and meeting set-up.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the Detroit metro area.
- Reports to and is accountable to the Office Manager and is an active contributor to the Operations team.
- Works daily and in close collaboration with the Office Manager, and other administrative staff, to ensure an efficient and uniformly excellent office experience for colleagues and guests.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the Foundation’s staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume (in Word format) should be sent to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The William Davidson Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.